Tuesday, August 25, 2015


STILL HERE

                    My sabbatical is done and I’m now back
                    Into the traces of the college term,
                    Harnessed for a trot around the track
                    And hemmed in by a sturdy temporal berm.

                    No more the calm serenity to muse
                    And feel the open-endedness of time
                    That I could spend while idly seeking clues
                     Leading to my next impending rhyme.

                     Yet here I am: it seems I’ve found a niche
                     Two days a week when I don’t have to teach,
                     And I can do what always will enrich
                     My mind, and then extend my worldly reach,

                         As I go public on the Internet
                         And post my poem for the world to vet.









*